Wednesday, May 19, 2010

sometimes I feel so depressed with this world

This morning driving to and from school I was listening to local radio for a change instead of XM, essentially only Rick and Bubba get me to do this, LOL. Anyway during one of the commercial breaks the short spot by Lester Spencer came on; his daily "Perceptions" talk. He is the Sr. Pastor at St. James United Methodist Church here in Montgomery and his radio spots are on like 6 stations, so if you are local you have probably heard of him. I have heard him for years and while never "moved" by anything he has said also never offended. They are just nice little messages designed to draw in visitors.

Today however I am mad. I have googled and searched, etc. for an actual transcript of what he said this morning and I have had no luck, so I am going to attempt to "re-tell" the story.

The King of Morocco was visiting the White House and travels with his entourage of 12 wives and his genetic match for heart/liver/kidney transplants. This transplant guy has dedicated his whole life to the King with the knowledge that he could die at any time for him. So we all need someone who is our whole life like this transplant guy... I'm thinking ok, now maybe he'll finally get to the point about God and be sure we know he agrees that this King and the transplant guy are both wrong and it's God we should devote ourselves to. NOPE!! He finishes by strongly encouraging us to find this person we can devote ourselves to.

Can you believe that???

No comments:

Post a Comment