Monday, November 16, 2009

Being a soccer mom, literally... not sure that's a good thing!

How many jokes, cliches, stereotypes are there about soccer moms. Just hearing the phrase you get a picture in your head. It's really funny to me because I always had a certain picture of a soccer mom and I did not fit it. And the picture didn't always connotate a literal soccer mom just a type. Then I went to www.urbandictionary.com and looked up their definition of soccer mom and it is HORRIBLE. I, as we all do, know people EXACTLY like that.

But it's kind of scary because I do drive a SUV, my life does revolves around my kids, we are middle-class, I do like expensive coffee and my cell phone... The list goes on. But if you read some of the derogatory definitions I hope you will see which parts I don't agree with.

So you ask, what brought on all this talk of soccer? Well primarily because David played soccer for the first time this season on the 4 & 5 year-old team at his school. He had lots of fun and is looking forward to playing again in the spring. The sport is good for him because it's all about running around - non-stop!! Anyway, as I was scanning in his team picture this morning I started thinking about soccer moms, so here we are ;-)

Oh one little funny thing before I sign off. We are avid college football fans and I am often screaming at the TV say go baby go or something to that effect. I use the word baby loosely if I don't know the players name or can't see his number, etc. Well David always expresses mild interest in this and asks which one is your baby and I'll say all the boys in Blue or White (whether Auburn is home or away). So yesterday he and I were flipping channels after we came in from playing and I came across a U17 play-off game and asked him did he want to watch the big boys play soccer on TV. YES!!!! So we watch for a few minutes and then he starts yelling go baby go!! I am cracking up and trying to not let him see me laugh. Then he turns to me and said mom I'm just going to have 1 baby, not all of them. I said OK, which number is "your" baby and he said no number just the one in the yellow by himself, which was the ref LOL.

Well my scanner is being tempermental this morning so I'll add some pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment